Endtime Prophecy Heresy
~ Romans 8:38-39
We begin with the rise of the Nephilim—ancient creatures that are claimed to be part demon, part human—who some evangelicals say are returning to planet earth this year.
Critics and detractors from this discussion persist in attempting to make the issue of the Nephilim a simple interpretation disagreement of Genesis 6. Nothing could be further from the truth. What is at stake here is the sufficiency of the Scripture ALONE—and the Gospel itself. Tragically, teachers of these themes do not confine themselves to the Bible, but rather rely heavily upon extra-biblical sources to prove their fantastic scenarios, including apocryphal, pagan, and occult materials.
HUMAN DNA CORRUPTION
Nephilim false eschatology overlooks the seriousness of mankind’s sin against a holy God and places the focus upon an outside enemy: half demon, half human creatures—hell-bent on destroying the human race by corrupting our DNA. The reader should be reminded at this point, that this false teaching cannot be found in Genesis or anywhere else in Scripture… but only through fallible and highly questionable outside sources.
The Lord Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice on the Cross to deal with mankind’s sin once for all. His payment for our sin forms the backbone of the Gospel. There is no salvation apart from God’s dealing with our sin problem and our recognition and surrender to that vital truth.
Nonetheless, prominent evangelical teachers bypass the obvious and essential teachings on sin to focus on the unclear, obscure, and sensational. They say that the Nephilim (demigod giants who are the offspring of fallen angels and human women), proliferated at such a rate during Noah’s day, that it resulted in an almost complete destruction of the human race through genetic corruption with Nephilim DNA. This demon seed corruption of the human race, they say, rather than profound sinful human behavior, provoked the Lord’s anger into sending the Flood.
This fantastic false teaching twists the Scriptures and turns the Gospel message upside down, focusing on supposedly corrupted DNA instead of man's sin and rebellion against God before the Flood. Here is what this false teaching says:
- That God had to send such a universal fiat illustrates how widespread the altered dna [sic] eventually became. In fact, the Bible says in Genesis 6:9 that only Noah—and by extension, his children—were found “perfect” in their generation... The meaning was not that Noah was morally perfect, but that his physical makeup—his dna [sic]—had not been contaminated with Nephilim descent, as apparently the rest of the world had become.[i] [bold added] ~ Tom Horn, Christian author, radio host, and conference speaker
- Commentators too numerous to mention have seen in this passage the miserable story of a humanity corrupted by dark forces of spiritual wickedness in the heavens. They broke God's law by descending into this dimension to mate with humans, producing a mutant race called, "giants." These were the nephilim, Hebrew for "the fallen ones." They were unclean and genetically corrupt creatures whose total preoccupation was evil in all imaginable forms. God determined that they were irredeemable; they had to be destroyed. "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD." These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his and (genealogically and genetically) perfect. The Lord brought him through the judgment flood to start a new race.[ii] [bold added] ~ Gary Stearman, Christian author, syndicated TV host, and conference speaker
- Satan has tried many times throughout history to mingle his seed with men. He started in the Days of Noah, which resulted in God destroying the demon-human hybrids (Nephilim) in the Flood (Genesis 6)….[iii] [bold added) ~ Douglas Hamp, Christian pastor, author, and lecturer
- Most people, including serious students of the Bible, are unaware of the peculiar circumstances that led to the Flood of Noah. This has been widely misunderstood (and mistaught) for centuries…. This term [“perfect” used in Gen. 6:9 to describe Noah] is used of physical blemishes, suggesting that Noah’s genealogy was not tarnished by this intrusion of the fallen angels. It seems that this adulteration of the human gene pool was a major problem on the planet Earth, and apparently Noah was among the few left who were not thus contaminated.[iv] [bold added] ~ Chuck Missler, Christian author, popular bible teacher, and conference speaker
- Before many generations, the human race was being polluted by this abominable union with demons…It was specifically because of this ultimate sin that God brought about a deluge of such magnitude that man and beast were drowned from the face of the Earth.[v] [bold added] ~ I.D.E. Thomas, Christian preacher, author, and professor[vi]
- They [fallen angels] crossbred with humanity resulting in the hybrid known as the Nephilim! This was the reason for the flood, which by the way is recorded in cultures around the globe.[vii] [bold added] ~ L.A. Marzulli, Christian author, filmmaker, and conference speaker[viii]
- In the more specific sense, however, “corruption” of a supernaturally inflicted sort afflicted the very genetic makeup—the DNA—of humankind when the “sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them.” The sexual unions produced “giants.” The scriptural record couldn’t be clearer. Corruption of human genetics, then, apparently was a key reason the earth dwellers were beyond redemption, thus had to be destroyed by the worldwide Flood.[ix] [bold added] ~ Terry James, Christian author and conference speaker
ARE CORRUPTING THE HUMAN RACE
- Enoch’s Watchers (from the Apocryphal Book of Enoch)
- Extraterrestrials, UFOS, or space aliens (from Roswell legends/UFO lore)
- “The Divine Council” or fallen angels supposedly given dominion over the nations by God after the Tower of Babel (from Dr. Michael Heiser, et al)
- Ancient pagan gods and goddesses deemed to be living entities (from ancient Greek and Roman mythology)
- The Anunnaki (Sumerian gods)
Later, during subsequent abductions, their abnormally tiny babies were brought out and presented to them in a strange "bonding" ceremony. The infants appeared to be only partly human. They were tiny by human standards and appeared wan, big-eyed and listless. However, some seemed more human than others.[xi]
A Google search for this bizarre subject matter brings up staggering files of devotees—many of whom claim to be Christian. Note that the veracity of these testimonies is based upon experience rather than the Scripture. Stearman had his own close encounter with a UFO while piloting an aircraft in the 1960s,[xii] which he has recently disclosed in his writings. This decades-old experience has dramatically colored his current teaching on “alien abductions” and other such seductive themes. The same could be said for Tom Horn, who also has a family history of UFO visitations.[xiii]
Purveyors of these sci-fi themes posing as biblical truth are also forced to rely upon ancient pagan writings and myths—apart from the Bible—to support their strange and outrageous teachings:
Something alarming has been happening since the dawn of time, which has been recorded in history, holy books, and mythos of every great civilization…. Ancient rabbinical authorities including Septuagint translators and early church fathers understood it. Sumerians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Greeks, the Hindus, the American Indians, and virtually all other civilizations throughout history believed it. Beings of super intelligence sometimes referred to as ‘gods’ have since time immemorial descended through openings of sky, earth, and sea to interact with this planet’s creatures. The behavior of these “unknowns” is recurrent and seems to revolve around the need to harvest or manipulate molecular matter, especially human and animal. The unknowns appear to come to us from nearby planets and/or dimensions and may actually be represented by the Watchers of Apocryphal texts.[xiv] [bold added]
Pure biblical prophecy is being corrupted by the addition of these extrabiblical and pagan sources. Fear of these foreboding dark entities and their debauched end-time agenda abounds in these extra-biblical writings and teachings, while faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, hope in His soon return, and belief in His Word is diminished.
THEY MUST BE DESTROYED
- Og of Bashan – the Amorite king destroyed under Moses (Nu. 21:33; 32:33; Deut. 1:4; 3:1, 3, 11; 4:47; 29:7; Josh. 12:4; 13:30, et al)
- Goliath (and his brother Lahmi) - the giant Philistine from Gath killed by King David (1 Sam. 17:4, 23; 21:9; 22:10; 2 Sam. 21:19; 1 Chron. 20:5)
- Nimrod – the notorious descendent of Cush (Gen. 10:8-9; 1 Chron. 1:10)
- The pagan demigod Osiris/Apollo/Apollyon (purportedly a real entity)
- Hiram Abiff (the mythical Masonic messiah)
- Quetzalcoatl (Toltec serpent god)/ Kukulkan (Mayan pagan god)
- The Antichrist[xv]
These passages shed important insights about the physical nature of the Nephilim. Notice that at least one had 24 digits on hands and feet. Also that he was "born to the giant." Since "giant" is singular, this would seem to indicate that the Nephilim, as well as their fallen-angel fathers, can father children, thus continuing the line of the Nephilim without need for genetic input from an angelic being. This is further proof of the need for these monsters to be killed in order to prevent them from continuing to multiply.[xvi] [bold added]
The fact that these “monsters” need to “be killed in order to prevent them from continuing to multiply” adds an ominous layer to these false teachings. Could this monster extermination plan be taken literally today—especially for those who forecast a return of these entities to planet earth? How might one identify a modern Nephilim? What are the implications of a mistaken identity? What assessment tools (medical or spiritual) might be developed to discover those who are suspected as having corrupted Nephilim DNA? What if someone claims you are a Nephilim hybrid?
L.A. Marzulli, popular Christian author, filmmaker, and lecturer, posted this bizarre analysis about hybrid humans on his blog in February, calling it “… As in the Days of Noah…Alien Hybrid or Starchild Discovered In China?...”:
Russ Dizdar first sent me this video a few weeks ago. The video shows a Chinese boy who has blue eyes. How does that work? It continues in a very compelling way as this little boy can see in the dark and his eyes react to light just like a cats eyes. How can that be? Before we start a vigilante and arm ourselves with pitch forks and torches like the scene out of a Frankenstein movie, we must step back and ask some basic questions. Does the family of the boy have any European blood in them that goes back several generations? Did the mother go to a fertility clinic? Were the parents involves [sic] in any way with the Chinese military? These are the obvious questions, however they do not account for the child’s ability to see in the dark like a cat, nor do they explain why the eyes shine in the dark. Something is going on here and it should make us sit up and notice. We shouldn’t, however, jump on the Nephilim hybrid band wagon just yet, not until further tests are done on the boy.
That being said we are told that it will be like the days of Noah when the son of man returns. This begs the question, what differentiates the days of Noah from any other. In my opinion it is the presence of the fallen angels openly manifesting on the earth and engaging in sex with human females, that resulted in hybrids. The question I would ask the mother of the child is this, does she recall being taken? Did she see lights in the sky and then have a period of missing time? I realize that the main street churches won’t touch this with a 100 foot pole, but that doesn’t mean in any way that the phenomena isn’t real, burgeoning and not going away, does it?
In closing todays [sic] post: When I interviewed Chuck Missler for the Watchers series, I asked him if he believed in modern-day Nephilim. Without hesitation the answer shot out of his mouth, like a cannon ball as he stated, “Yes, Satan is out numbered two to one, he’s building an army!” While we can quibble amongst ourselves and proclaim that there are no hybrids, stories like this one and others continue to emerge that tell a different story. In my opinion, we will see hybrids openly manifest in front of us in the coming days ahead, just like, as in the Days of Noah.[xvii] [bold in original, italics added]
What kind of grotesque false gospel is this that perverts the words of our Lord in this cruel way? The simple saving Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is tragically absent from this false teaching and could do untold harm to many people.
CONCERNING ‘THE DAYS OF NOAH’
And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. (Luke 17:26-27)
For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. (Matt. 24:37-39)
Nonetheless, twisting and turning the Scripture upside down, modern Nephilim aficionados are preparing their students and readers for the return of the Nephilim—not the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. Extra-biblical mythology and occult lore are quickly supplanting true Bible study and holy living. Speculation and supposition are rising, rapidly replacing proper biblical exegesis.
Biblical prophecy has always fascinated believers. And in the past few decades there has been vast and far-reaching speculations about endtime scenarios. It is a very popular topic in the Christian media. But this current fascination with science fiction and paranormal topics goes far beyond Scripture. It starts simply enough with a mere fascination of the unknown. But then it goes on to take a few verses from Genesis 6 out of context. Next, these verses are wildly extrapolated to a non-human species that goes far beyond any prophecy found in the Bible. And to bolster this bizarre case, occult sources are being cited as authoritative, thus creating a potentially volatile new mixture of biblical prophecy with pagan mythology.
In the process, a new heretical eschatology is being birthed that has serious and far-reaching ramifications to the evangelical church.
because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,
walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
(1 Peter 5:8)
TO BE CONTINUED.....
[iii] Thomas Horn, Pandemonium’s Engine, Ch 7, Douglas Hamp, “Man Becomming [sic] His Own God?”, Defender, Crane, MO, 2011, pg. 247.
[iv] Chuck Missler and Mark Eastman, Alien Encounters: the Secret Behind the UFO Phenomenon, Koinonia House, Coeur d’ Alene, 1997, pp. 204, 207.
[v] I.D.E. Thomas, The Omega Conspiracy: Satan’s Last Assault on God’s Kingdom, Growth Publishing, Herndon, VA, 1986, pg. 99. Note: Thomas awarded author and publisher Tom Horn an honorary doctorate in 2007 (see bio on page 66 of Horn’s book, Pandemonium’s Engine).
[vi] Tom Horn credits I.D.E. Thomas with awarding him an honorary doctorate degree; Pandemonium’s Engine, pg. 66.
[vii] L.A. Marzulli blog article, “Fallen Angels – The Answer to the Mystery that is Ignored!” Feb. 27, 2012; http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/fallen-angels-the-answer-to-the-mystery-that-is-ignored/.
[viii] L.A. Marzulli received an honorary doctorate degree from Pacific International University, the same unaccredited online university where I.D.E. Thomas was a professor. See: http://www.lamarzulli.net/about_lynn_marzulli.htm, http://baptistsearch.blogspot.com/2008/04/conspiracy-theory.html, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_International_University#Alumni.
[ix] Tom and Nita Horn, Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald the Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO 2010, Terry James, Foreward, pp. xi-xiii.
[x] See Missler and Eastman’s Alien Encounters, which is purported to be an exposition of Genesis 6. The authors use much ink to deal with the perceived government conspiracy/cover-up.
[xi] Ibid, Gary Stearman, “Ghastly Truth” article.
[xii] Gary Stearman, Prophecy in the News, “The Story I’ve Never Told,” August 11, 2011; http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/the-story-ive-never-told/.
[xiii] See Joe Peterson’s 2005 review of Tom Horn on RaidersNewsUpdate; http://raidersnewsupdate.blogspot.com/2005/09/interview-with-thomas-horn.html.
[xiv] Thomas R. Horn, Nephilim Stargates: the Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers, Anomalos Publishing, Crane, MO, 2007, pg. 1.
[xv] Among many proponents of this Nephilim race teaching is Tom Horn. His book, Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol found and the Final Mystery of the Great Seal Revealed, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO, 2009, covers all of the entities discussed here (and more). He predicts “Apollyon will rise” in 2012.
[xvi] Stephen Quayle, Aliens and Fallen Angels: Offspring of the Gods, the Sexual Corruption of the Human Race, online excerpt of Ch. 1, 1997; End Time Thunder Publishers; 2nd Edition (2003); http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Fallen-Angels-Offspring-Corruption/dp/B0014ZYHJA and http://www.stevequayle.com/books/Angels.chpt1.5.html.
[xvii] See Marzulli’s blog, Feb. 14, 2012; http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/evolution-or-hybrid-as-in-the-days-of-noah/.
Part 2: COSMIC CRYPTOLOGY IN THE CHURCH
Part 3: The Emerging ENIGMA Bible
Part 4: False Eschatology Arising!
Part 5: Quantum Teleporting Through Time
Part 6: Quantum Geomancy and Cryptic Mystic Math
Part 7: Quantum Prophecy
Part 8: A Quantum Cosmic Christ
Part 9: Quantum Mysticism Goes to Market