2012: New Agers & Mayan Prophecies
Planetary Doomsday or Birth Day?
What's with all the hoopla and hysteria about the date December 21, 2012? It is the culmination of a 25-year plan of the New Agers!
We’ve written about it previously. On June 8, 2011, Herescope re-published an article written back in 1987 about the New Age Harmonic Convergence. Jose Arguelles was the man behind these global synchronized events. According to this report,
Arguelles’ inspiration for this came as a result of a vision he received in 1983 and from intense study of the ancient Mayan spiritual/cultural calendars. Arguelles insists that the Mayan calendar is explicit in denoting the dates of August 16-17, 1987 as precise and crucial “calibration points” that, if acted upon, can speed the process of global civilization into a new morphogenic field or a new paradigm. 
In the New Age worldview, this global mystical paradigm shift would signal the beginning of a new world order.
Most significantly, “Harmonic Convergence will not only signal a return of Quetzalcoatl, but the elimination of Armageddon as well,” says Arguelles. Moreover, he equates Quetzalcoatl with the Christ and says the Harmonic Convergence could be viewed as a second Pentecost. However, like the return of the Mayans, Quetzalcoatl also will not appear in the physical sense; he will do so as a wave length of a consciousness available to those who are harmoniously attuned.
Also returning August 16-17 will be the spirits of all the gods and goddesses. These spirits plus the consciousness of Quetzalcoatl will bring forth a tremendous outpouring of psychic energy and occultic power. 
The current New Age hoopla over the December 21, 2012 date seems to indicate the same bizarre occult predictions. No wonder people are scared!
What will visitors to Chichen Itza see on 12/21/12? According to Prophecy, a pattern of shadow and light will project the Plumed Serpent (Quetzalcoatl) descending on the stairs of the pyramid that has a large head of a serpent sculpted in rock at the base. As the Sun sets in the early afternoon, the shadow of the pyramid's northwest edge will project a moving pattern of light that joins and illuminates the sculpted serpent head at the base of the stairway. Within a thirty-four minute period, the serpent, formed by this play of light and shadow will appear to descend to the Earth, as the Sun leaves each stair, going from the top to the bottom. This combined effect creates the visual appearance of the body of the serpent descending the pyramid. In addition, on December 21, 2012, the tail of the serpent projected up from the top of the pyramid will be pointing precisely to the star cluster Pleiades. At 11:11 am UT the tip of the Pyramid will be precisely aligned with the Sun and the Galactic Center (Hunab Ku.)
Debunking Mayan Dates & Other Myths
Worldwide there is an ongoing panic about this supposed doomsday date. In an attempt to reassure the public, there have been many statements issued that attempt to counter the hype and hysteria. One such statement, refutes Arguelles’ calculations, and gives an fascinating perspective on what may have gone on behind the scenes prior to the Harmonic Convergence.
“December 21st will be just another Friday morning,” said Andrew Wilson, Assistant Head of Social Studies at the University of Derby. “A hippy guru called Jose Arguelles associated the date with the Mayan calendar in a book called The Mayan Factor in 1987. But it's an obsolete form of the calendar, which had not been used since the year 1100AD.”
“He claimed to be channelling various spirits, including the spirit of a Mayan king from the seventh century. He predicted a ‘shift in human consciousness’ - mass enlightenment.” The actual date of December 21 first appeared in an earlier work - a 1975 book by Terence McKenna, a writer known for his descriptions of “machine elves” seen while under the influence of drugs.
The date appeared in McKenna's ‘Timeline Zero’ prophecy, and was based on McKenna’s own mathematics, the Chinese I Ching and a magic mushroom trip.
McKenna later met Arguelles and the two became, Wilson says, part of a circle of New Age authors who cited each other’s work, lending the ‘prophecy’ an air of believability.
A Mayan expert, a professor at Cleveland State University who teaches a popular class called “Ancient Mysteries,” factually reports that the Mayan calendar does NOT abruptly end on Dec. 21, 2012.
“It just means it’s time to make a new calendar,” Dunham says. “A major cycle ends on Dec. 21, but again, it’s a cycle. When one cycle ends, a new one begins. The Maya only mentioned the year 2012 twice and in neither case do they mention the end of the world.”
Dunham says the doomsayers got everything wrong, starting with the image of a calendar often seen with stories about 2012.
“The round, stone calendar you always see when people talk about the prediction is not even a Maya calendar, it’s an Aztec calendar,” he said. “That’s the first sign that these people don’t know what they are talking about.”
NASA has even set up a special webpage “Beyond 2012: Why the World Won’t End” in an attempt to refute the swirling conspiracy theories about the end of the world. Included on their list of 2012 topics is “End of the World,” “Mayan Calendar,” and even a discussion about the alleged planet “Nibiru” that is supposedly hurtling towards earth. The Nibiru cataclysm is “a prediction first made by contactee Nancy Lieder that a mythological planet Nibiru would collide with Earth. After adjusting her prediction many times, she now claims the year of the occurrence to be 2012.”
Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012 and linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.
The Russians, in particular, seem to have instilled fear and panic when Pravda published this bizarre story a few years ago:
Three giant spaceships are heading towards Earth. The largest one of them is 240 kilometers wide. Two others are smaller. At present, the objects are beyond the orbit of Pluto.
The spaceships were detected by HAARP search system. The system, based in Alaska, was designed to study the phenomenon of northern lights. According to SETI researchers, the objects are nothing but extraterrestrial spaceships. They will be visible in optical telescopes as soon as they reach Mars's orbit. The US government has been reportedly informed about the event. The ships will reach Earth in December 2012.
The date of the supposed space contact with extraterrestrial civilization brings up thoughts about the Mayan calendar, which ends on December 21, 2012.
As a result, there was a lot of hysteria. Here is a more recent piece that gives a sad account of the frantic doomsday preparations of Russian citizens:
Inmates in a women’s prison near the Chinese border are said to have experienced a “collective mass psychosis” so intense that their wardens summoned a priest to calm them. In a factory town east of Moscow, panicked citizens stripped shelves of matches, kerosene, sugar and candles. A huge Mayan-style archway is being built — out of ice — on Karl Marx Street in Chelyabinsk in the south.
Last week, Russia’s government decided to put an end to the doomsday talk. Its minister of emergency situations said Friday that he had access to “methods of monitoring what is occurring on the planet Earth,” and that he could say with confidence that the world was not going to end in December. He acknowledged, however, that Russians were still vulnerable to “blizzards, ice storms, tornadoes, floods, trouble with transportation and food supply, breakdowns in heat, electricity and water supply.”
As the first three weeks of December melt away, Russians will approach the deadline with their characteristic mordant humor. An entrepreneur in the Siberian city of Tomsk, for example, has sold several thousand gag emergency kits, a cleverly packaged $29 parcel including sprats, vodka, buckwheat, matches, candles, a string and a piece of soap. 
For true believers in prophecies like these, Doomsday is imminent and with great fear they begin to prepare for worst-case scenarios. Doomsday predictions are typically based on false prophecies and messages of impending doom. These date-setting movements are often led by charismatic leaders who head up cults, or who have developed a cult-like following of true believers. In these movements there is a huge psychological commitment to see the fulfillment of the predicted outcome. When this outcome fails to materialize, there will be alternative scenarios or explanations that are developed by the leaders – something that is already in evidence now with the backpeddling going on with the 2012 doomsday scenarios.
Furthermore, when scholars, experts, media outlets or public officials attempt to refute the cataclysmic event, it can actually add to the cult-like view that there is a conspiracy going on. Doomsday true believers will explain that the “experts” are trying to hide the facts. They are seen as part of the conspiracy and coverup! In other words, any attempts at rational discussion can actually fuel the irrational belief in an impending disaster!
Alternative Doomsday Scenarios
Not all predictions about 12-21-12 concern a doomsday scenario. Many New Agers actually believe that there is going to be a radical paradigm shift to a new order. That's the whole reason they are flocking to various 2012 events. The New Agers freely incorporate all of the mystical pagan prophecies from ancient civilizations into their endtime scenario, and to them it means that 12-21-12 is the date of their much-vaunted paradigm shift for humanity. Wisdom University, for example, will be discussing Mayan “prophecies” in a teleseminar about a much-anticipated New Age era:
In this free teleseminar, Dr. Stanislav Grof, globally renowned consciousness researcher, pioneer of LSD psychotherapy, and co-founder of transpersonal psychology, will explore the Mayan prophecy concerning the "end of the world" and similar prophecies from other cultures using the insights from his 50 years of research into non-ordinary states of consciousness. He will share how his explorations of the human psyche suggests new ways to understand these ancient prophecies in a way that offers us hope for the future.
Several other viewpoints express the same thing:
In a statement released by Mayan elder Oxlaljuj Ajpop, the end of the Mayan calendar simply means that “there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature.” 
A New Age author, who wrote about the ancient god Quetzalcoatl, explains in his book promo that he anticipates a silver lining in all of this 2012 hype: a new era of global ecumenical cooperation and "transformation":
In my book, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl, I proposed that what happens in "2012" depends on what humanity decides to make of it. We might see global famines and wars and increasing misery, or we might decide to institute a new planetary culture based on empathy, alternative economic systems, sustainable design, and an equitable sharing of wealth. According to the prophecies held by the Maya and other indigenous cultures, we may integrate modern scientific knowledge with Eastern spiritual wisdom and indigenous shamanism, leading to a new understanding of the physical and psychic cosmos. Rather than "doomsday," 2012 could be a time of positive transformation and the opening to a new way of life. 
New Age Pilgrimages to the Mayan Pyramids
Many New Agers have been making pilgrimages to the Mayan pyramids in time for this week’s anticipated events – whatever happens. There are huge crowds expected. Many New-Age-star-wannabes with music, art, jewelry or pendants to sell will be making an appearance. Wisdom University went on an preliminary excursion a few months ago, and here is how they described its purpose:
It is said that the Mayan calendar started in 3,114 B.C.E. It's ending is not precise but many scholars put it on the Winter Solstice, 2012. Wisdom University commemorates this extraordinary culmination and transitioning by organizing a pilgrimage to Teotihuacán, the pyramid complex outside Mexico City that serves as the heart and historic capitol of the Toltec civilization that designed the calendar. It was at Teotihuacán that the Toltec seers developed their extraordinary spiritual technology of the stars upon which their calendar was based.
As the heart of Toltec wisdom, the land and energy of Teotihuacán is an enormous catalyst. This pyramid complex was built to show humans what is possible in their connection to the divine. Several thousand years later, it is still brimming with energy and power. The experience of Teotihuacán is difficult to describe. It is a place of cellular cleansing and rearranging, a mystical source of divine connection and wonder, and a super-charged spiritual battery rolled up into one potent package…. [T]apping into primordial wisdom is vital for our resiliency and our capacity to not only vision but embody a new way of being in the modern world….
The Teo journey is a sacred initiation ceremony designed to help each individual reclaim their deeper essence…. It is a true gift to go to places that are infused with intent and magic and let this energy seep into our bones….
Teotihuacán provides a master key. The end of the Mayan calendar could not offer a more propitious time. 
Another New Age junket to the Mayan Pyramids is billed as
MAYA 2012: Personal & Planetary Transformation: Join the Global Gathering! December 13-22, 2012, With Special Entrance Inside Chichen-Itza, the Great Mayan Ceremonial Center and One of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, at the exact time of the Winter Solstice!
Your once-in-many-thousands-of-years chance to gather at the high center of Mayan Knowledge for the end of the Mayan Calendar… and the birth of the Great Cycle of transformation and renewal!
Here is just a sampling of the list of participants who will be making presentations, which reveals the extreme New Age occult spirituality in evidence at this event:
- Gregg Braden on this once-in-a-5,125 year experience as he shares the ancient discoveries of fractal time and the key to life-affirming shifts….
- Hunbatz Men… a shaman, a holy man,… a respected ceremonial leader… [in] a unique blend of sacred and experiential ceremony liberally sprinkled with Mayan chants, prophecies, cosmic and solar wisdom, and language lessons.
- Robert Bauval (best-selling author of The Orion Mystery),…"Chichen-Itza is just the ideal place for the Winter Solstice of 2012 to witness the dawn of a New Age for Mankind….
- Jim Berenholtz… In 1987 he was International Coordinator for the Sacred Sites Festival associated with Harmonic Convergence. Since 1989, beginning at the Mayan temples of Palenque, he has been performing transformational snakeskin ceremonies at sacred sites worldwide,… work[ing] with the sacred serpent energy… with live pythons and boa constrictors.
- Zoe Allison-Rockingbear is an Artist, Teacher, Healer, Mystic, Visionary, and Light Warrior. Her work explores the mysteries and magic of the dynamic human relationship with Nature and the marriage of Celestial and Terrestrial energies.
- Patricia Price is a healer and registered medium for the Lily Dale Assembly. She is a healer, breathwork practitioner, certified hypnotist and… she teaches Mediumship, Spiritual Healing and Ministerial Training.
- Free Spirit… will focus on the importance of the full activation of the pineal gland gateways, the nature of multi-dimensional reality, and the possibility that humans can become immortalized by the awakening of dormant DNA and Light Codes within the body.
- John Ventre… appeared in the Discovery Channel's series, "UFOs Over Earth," and then in the History Channel's, "UFO Hunters," in 2009…. "John's presentation will include: "2012 Prophecy" and "The Case for UFOs". 
Another expedition to the Mayan Pyramids is Synthesis 2012, an pilgrimage described as:
Synthesis 2012 has been specially
appointed a "Sacred Mission"
by the International Mayan Council
from 6 countries in Central America to share the new
"Mayan Message of Synchronization"
and spiritual insights for humanity.
Of course, there is quite a bit of occult significance to the date 12-21-12 simply because it is the Winter Solstice. Many pagan cultures around the world celebrate the solstices which are connected to Astrology and the Zodiak in occult spirituality. On one New Age website can be found the following description of the 12-21-12 global gathering for “world peace.”
The Solstice :: Moment of Peace
Hundreds of Thousands of people will be gathering at the major sacred sites of Jerusalem, the Pyramids of Giza, Stonehenge, the Pyramids of Mexico, and at many more locations worldwide. Prayers and ceremonies from many spiritual traditions are being held at this exact time for the purpose of celebrating the solstice and also to unify for world peace. We invite the world to join. We call the people of the world to go to their heritage sites, or to join us wherever they are, in a synchronized moment of meditation. Everyone, Everywhere, Together at the same exact time. 3:11am PST // 11:11am GMT // 10:11pm JST 
December 22, 2012: A Planetary "Birth Day"
Predictably, Barbara Marx Hubbard, who was involved as a key leader in the Harmonic Convergence project with Jose Arguelles back in 1987, has a plan for a New Age New World Order starting on December 22, 2012, in an event she is calling “Birth Day.” This event, with a name that makes a mockery of the birth of the Savior of mankind, Jesus Christ, is a day to birth humanity as co-creators. This is Hubbard’s lifelong New Age passion and dream, a culmination of the past 25 years. She writes in glowing terms:
Envision 100 million people uniting around the world to celebrate the birth of a new era for humanity with great love and fanfare – an historic day of global unity.
We’ll link across the world in moments of song, prayer, meditation, dance, and cultural expression over a 24-hour cycle. We’ll share laughter, perform acts of generosity and commit to global cooperation.
It will be a potent collective rite of passage marking humanity’s entry into a new era in which we are consciously evolving together. Our goal is to reach a critical mass of people – 1% of the world – committing to a positive future together.
That is what a movement of tens of thousands is activating for Dec. 22, 2012 – an unprecedented Birth Day celebration of our creativity and common purpose to co-create a better human civilization. This will lay the tracks for many years of focused efforts on positive societal change…. 
Hubbard envisions this planetary New Age birth as a great evolutionary shift:
It’s like the birth of a baby. You might not be ready, but if the baby is ready, it’s coming out now for better or for worse. It can either be a disastrous birth, or a gentle one.
We are being called to a great experiment, for no one alive on Earth knows how to make such a vast evolutionary shift in this short of a time.
For the first time in our conscious history we are being given the opportunity to guide and ease our transition to the next stage of evolution. This situation is new for humanity, for we are the first Earth species to consciously face evolution or extinction….
Joining together, we can … guide our Earth community into its next evolutionary Stage.
Hubbard has long looked forward to 2012. She has written previously about the significance of this date:
Humanity is facing unprecedented, evolutionary changes. It is amazing—out of the famous Mayan prophecy has come the indication that we are facing the end of this world as we know it and the beginning of the new world by 2012.This date corresponds to environmental and social predictions of breakdowns and breakthroughs now widely known. Let’s assume there is some validity in these prophecies. What vision of the future, of the new world, might we see so that we can place our attention upon this vision as a strange attractor to carry us through this critical transition?
The Evolution of Consciousness
We notice that crisis precede transformation. Problems are evolutionary drivers. Intensifying pressure leads either to devolution and extinction or evolution and transformation. This is one reason that 2012 might be earthshaking and shocking to some…. Is it possible that from our species, a new human and a new humanity are now emerging?... Perhaps we will reach critical mass for this human by 2012.
Hubbard’s associate, the well-known New Age leader Corinne McLaughlin, sees this date as a way to launch the planned New Age Dominion over the spheres of society in the world. She even has her own “template of the wheel” which has twelve divisions (as opposed to the New Apostolic Reformation’s 7 divisions called the 7 Mountains). Twelve is a significant number to the New Agers because of its association with the Zodiak in astrology (see graphic below):
“Inspiring Solutions on the Wheel of Cocreation,” Oct. 5, 2012, by Corinne McLaughlin, Executive Director of The Center for Visionary Leadership
The Template of the Wheel
Some version of the twelve-sector solutions Wheel is now being used as a template by a number of groups around the world. The Wheel is not a two dimensional, flat pie, but rather a fourth dimensional sphere that keeps evolving through time. Each sector represents a vital social function, such as Education and Governance; together all the sectors offer us a portal into a whole new world. New solutions to our problems and new ways of thinking are constantly being created by pioneers around the world. Some become viral and change the whole field….
At the center of the Wheel, where the tip of each sector meets, is the heart, the Spirit of cocreation. Here are found the common values that all the best solutions share, such as dedication to the common good, compassion, fairness, a whole-systems perspective, long-term sustainability, and the spirit of community…..
Barbara Marx Hubbard and her cohorts don't like the biblical scenario in the Bible's book of Revelation that speaks of God's judgment on humanity. Instead, Hubbard wrote her own theological treatise she brazenly called The Revelation in which she proposed an alternative to the Armageddon scenario she calls the "Planetary Pentecost." She believes:
In the twinkling of an eye, we are all changed by this experience. It is a mass metanoia, a shared spiritual experience for the human race, a peaceful second coming of the divine in us as us. ( p. 324)
Armageddon is, dearly beloved, the dreadful script which you and I rewrite now. (p. 204)
Here we are, now poised either on the brink of destruction greater than the world has ever seen -- a destruction which will cripple planet Earth forever and release only the few to go on -- or on the threshold of global co-creation wherein each person on Earth will be attracted to participate in his or her own evolution to godliness. (p. 174) 
All of this hoopla and hype about 12-21-12 amongst the New Agers illustrates that they have a global plan for a new spirituality. Shockingly, their plan merges with many of the agendas coming forth in evangelical circles.
In this season where the church remembers the birth of Christ, it is more important than ever to remember why Jesus came to earth to redeem us from our sins, and to joyfully anticipate His second coming, a day which no man knows.
Christians have the blessed assurance from Scripture that no matter what happens on 12-21-12 that they are perfectly safe in God’s precious caring arms.
shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine,
or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life,
nor angels, nor principalities,
nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:35, 38-39)
1. http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-age-date-setting.html "New Age Date Setting," June 8, 2011, Herescope. This article was republished from an old 1987 edition of The Trumpet, which talked about the Harmonic Convergence and how it was predicting the 2012 doomsday scenario.
6. Michael Sangiacomo, “The end of the world as we know it on Dec. 21? Nope, says Cleveland State professor,” 12/14/12, Cleveland Plain Dealer, http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/12/the_end_of_the_world_as_we_kno.html
8. “List of topics characterized as pseudoscience,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_topics_characterized_as_pseudoscience
10. “Three giant spaceships to attack Earth in 2012?” 22.12.2010, Pravda.ru, posted at: http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/22-12-2010/116314-giant_spaceships-0/
11. Ellen Barry, "In Panicky Russia, It’s Official: End of World Is Not Near, New York Times, 12/1/12, http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/world/europe/mayan-end-of-world-stirs-panic-in-russia-and-elsewhere.html
12. See, for example, the report on “Doomsday cult” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_cult
13. Promo piece from Wisdom University, “2012 and Human Destiny: End of the World or Consciousness Revolution?” April 19, 2012 e-mail advertising May 8 Teleseminar as “A Psychedelic & Holotropic Exploration of the Current Global Crisis.”
15. “Amazon Exclusive: Daniel Pinchbeck on 2012: The Truth Behind the Doomsday Hype,” 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl, by Daniel Pinchbeck, http://www.amazon.com/2012-Return-Quetzalcoatl-Daniel-Pinchbeck/dp/1585425923/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355257743&sr=8-1&keywords=2012+The+Return+of+Quetzalcoatl
16. https://www.wisdomuniversity.org/TeoOverview.htm Wisdom University trip was scheduled Oct. 28-Nov 3, 2012. Jim Garrison, president.
17. Maya 2012: Personal & Planetary Transformation: Join the Global Gathering! Conference promo. Bios as they were retrieved on May 30, 2012: http://powerplaces.org/emailpromo/yucatan_main2012/index5.html
18. Ibid. Note: L. A. Marzulli, the author of The Nephilim Trilogy and cohort of Tom Horn and Chuck Missler in their Nephilim Doomsday 2012 predictions, was scheduled to speak at this event on “ the possible connection between information that is found in the ancient book of Enoch and the legendary Quetzelcoatl.” His blog now reports the circumstances of his abrupt cancellation. http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/chichen-itza-trip-a-redirect-from-the-captain-of-the-hosts/
19. http://synthesis2012.com and this page, which we warn has very disturbing occult New Age visual graphics: https://www.facebook.com/Synthesis2012?ref=stream
21. Barbara Marx Hubbard letter, http://worldunity2012.com/event/birth-2012/
22. http://birth2012.com and BMH “Letter of Invitation to the Birth 2012 Campaign,” Letter http://birth2012.com/letter-of-invitation-to-the-birth-2012-campaign/
23. Cited previously on Herescope, “The ‘Selection Process’: New Age Eschatology,” 11/26/11, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/11/selection-process.html Barbara Marx Hubbard, "A Vision for Humanity," published along with a notification of "Barbara Marx Hubbard Joins Faculty of 2012, Tipping Point Prophets Conference, Vancouver," at http://www.greatmystery.org/nl/vancouver2012barbara.html and www.greatmystery.org/events/vancouver2012.html. To catch the significance of this New Age reference to the year 2012, see the following series of posts on Herescope: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-age-date-setting.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/doomsday-datesetters-2012.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/09/militant-prayer.html
24. The bio states that Corinne McLaughlin is Executive Director of The Center for Visionary Leadership in California and coauthor of The Practical Visionary, Spiritual Politics, and Builders of the Dawn. She previously directed a national task force for President Clinton’s Council on Sustainable Development and identified best practices in a major project for the U.S. Department of Housing. http://www.thepracticalvisionary.org http://www.visionarylead.org http://birth2012.com/2012/10/05/inspiring-solutions-on-the-wheel-of-cocreation/
25. Barbara Marx Hubbard, The Revelation: A Message of Hope for the New Millennium (Novato, Calif.: Nataraj Publishing, 1995). Revised and adapted from previous Herescope post, “Barbara Marx Hubbard, Willis Harman and Metanoia,” 9/26/05, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2005/09/barbara-marx-hubbard-willis-harman-and.html
26. See the Dec. 6th Herescope post, "12-21-12: Evangelicals Believing Mayan Prophecies" and follow the links to previous articles, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/12/12-21-12.html.
*EXHIBIT A at the top of this page is an AP photo attributed to Ramon Espinosa, published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer article by Michael Sangiacomo, “The end of the world as we know it on Dec. 21? Nope, says Cleveland State professor,” 12/14/12, Cleveland Plain Dealer, http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/12/the_end_of_the_world_as_we_kno.html The text with this photo says: "In this Dec. 6, 2012 file photo, people raise their hands during a ceremony by Mayan sages in Bacuranao, Cuba. From Russia to California, thousands are preparing for the fateful day, when many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end." Click on the link to view the professor speaking on this topic.