The Second Coming of Apollo
Awaiting the Return of the pagan god Apollo
The Rise of End-time Occultism, Part 4
READ Part 1: Homo Nephilus
READ Part 2: The “Return” of the Alien Super Soldier”
READ Part 3: Techno-Dimensional Prayer Combat
One of the strangest new tenets being taught by the Postmodern Prophecy Paradigm (PPP) leaders is that of a resurrection of the mythological god Apollo. In their emerging eschatology scenarios the ancient god Apollo (a.k.a. Apollyon, Osiris or Nimrod) will resurrect from the dead, via satanic genetic tampering, and morph into the one-world dictator that the Bible calls the Antichrist. In this fanciful scenario—based solely on extra-biblical illumination, occult lore and human speculation—this “Man of Sin” will be much more than a mere man energized by Satan. He will be the king of the Nephilim (ancient “Nimrod”): part man, part devil (the literal offspring of Satan).
A plain reading of Scripture records that “Cush begat Nimrod.” (Gen. 10:8; repeated in 1 Chron. 1:10.) No frills, no embellishments, just a simple statement of fact: Nimrod was the literal descendent of Cush; the grandson of Ham and the great-grandson of Noah. He was a man, NOT a Nephilim, nor a pagan god. He was NOT a pagan god that will resurrect from the grave in the last days in order to become the Antichrist. The Bible speaks nothing about this. Nonetheless, this dark myth is currently being perpetrated on unsuspecting Christians by many PPP leaders.
In order to establish the claim that the mythological god Apollo will rise again (which requires the presuppositions that Apollo was also the man Nimrod who also had to be a Nephilim), the PPP teachers borrow heavily from some of the blackest Satanic sources including The Egyptian Book of the Dead, the psychic Edgar Cayce, the occultist Manly Hall, leading Theosophist (Anthroposophist) Rudolf Steiner, Freemasonry, ancient myths from heathen idolatry, astrology, and non-Canonical, Gnostic and apocryphal sources. Rejecting these occult teachings outright should be a no-brainer! But the fact is that these PPP leaders are very popular, and very few, if any, evangelical leaders are raising the necessary serious questions.
The Reincarnation of Nimrod?
To repeat—these sensationally seductive ideas do not come from the Word of God, but from troublesome outside sources that are tragically gaining popularity in recent times—within the evangelical church. A vivid example of these falsehoods pertaining to ancient Nimrod comes from PPP adherent and author, Rob Skiba. The inspiration for his fantastic speculations of Nimrod come from the apocryphal book of Jasher, not the Bible. This Jasher-inspired story deviates far from anything you’ve ever read in Scripture. Yet note that Skiba states that Genesis 25 doesn't make any sense without it!
In the context of the Jasher account, that story makes a whole lot more now sense [sic] doesn't it? I mean think about it. Without Jasher, the story in Genesis 25 makes no sense at all.... After reading Jasher, you now completely understand what is going on and why. Esau had just killed the king of the world!
By the way, the "valuable garments" that Nimrod had, "with which he prevailed over the whole land" were the original garments God made for Adam and Eve back in the garden... so here Esau has chopped off Nimrod's head and stolen his "magic garments." The rest of Nimrod's "mighty men" were after him now. Esau came home famished from a very busy day! So, when Jacob says he wants his birthright, Esau basically said, "Look. What do I care about my birthright? I just killed King Nimrod! I'm a dead man. His warriors are probably coming for me as we speak. Just give me something to eat!" Esau was extremely vulnerable here and Jacob totally took advantage of the situation for his own selfish gain....
The Fifth Trumpet blows, and the spirit of Apollyon (Apollo) ascends back into its former host body - Nimrod. Thus, empowered by the dragon himself, the Anti-Christ will rise. And his first order of business will be to kill the Two Witnesses! (p. 135, 258) [all emphases added]
Note Skiba’s stunning conclusion: that Apollo will enter into the “host body” of Nimrod and become the Antichrist!
Tom Horn, a PPP leader with similarly outrageous heretical teachings, detailed his own fantasy about Genesis 10—and revision of Nimrod’s origins—in a 2009 book he wrote and published called, Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found and the Final Mystery of the Great Seal Revealed. Horn claims Nimrod is a “biblical” example of a Nephilim “reincarnation” based on his theories about “Watchers” “from nearby planets and/or dimensions” that invaded earth and engaged in experiments resulting in a race of mutant offspring:
If indeed the activity of Watchers was the use of biotechnology to produce exotic bodies of flesh for beings that have the ability under extraordinary circumstances to reincarnate after physical death, would the method of their returning from the grave likewise be an advanced form of science? I believe this could be the case, and the Bible may actually provide a record of this occurring. The story is doubly important to our book because it centers around Nimrod, the original character who later was mythologized as the god prophesied by the apostle Paul in the New Testament and by the occult elite in the Great Seal of the United States as the ancient spirit that will return to earth to rule the novus ordo seclorum—Apollo/Osiris. [bold, red added]
Horn ties ancient Nimrod to the pagan god Apollo and explains his reincarnation theory—a thoroughly New Age concept —by rewriting the Scripture. Note the elaborate semantic gymnastics that Horn must resort to in order to make his case that Nimrod “began to change genetically”:
Earlier we pointed out how Apollo is reanimated on earth in the end times when “the Beast” ascends from the bottomless pit and goes “into perdition” (into Apolia, Apollo. See Revelation 17:8). The story of Nimrod (Gilgamesh/Apollo/Osiris) in the book of Genesis may illustrate how this could happen through genetic influence or a retrovirus of demonic design that integrates with a host’s genome and rewrites the living specimen’s DNA, thus making it a “fit extension” for infection by the entity. Genesis 10:8 say about Nimrod: “And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.” Three sections in this unprecedented verse indicate something very peculiar had happened Nimrod. First, note where the text says, “he began to be.” In Hebrew, this is chalal, which means “to become profaned, defiled, polluted, or desecrated ritually, sexually or genetically.” Second, this verse tells us exactly what Nimrod began to be—“a mighty one” (gibbowr, gibborim), one of the offspring of nephilim…And the third part of this text says the change to Nimrod started while he was on “earth.” Therefore, in modern language, this text could accurately be translated to say:
And Nimrod began to change genetically, becoming a gibborim, the offspring of watchers on earth. [bold and color added]
By thus twisting Scripture, and with a hefty admixture of extrabiblical sources, Horn has changed the humble origins of Nimrod to that of a genetic mutant (Nephilim) spawned of demon DNA! This new doctrine, of course, is needed to facilitate Nimrod’s “reanimation”(i.e., reincarnation) in the endtime. Not one recognized Bible translation translates Genesis 10:8 like Tom Horn has done:
- KJV: “And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.”
- NKJV: “Cush begot Nimrod; he began to be a mighty one on the earth.”
- NIV: “Cush was the father of Nimrod, who became a mighty warrior on the earth.”
- NASB: “Now Cush became the father of Nimrod; he became a mighty one on the earth.”
Apollo: The “Masonic ‘Messiah’”?
Horn continues his rewriting of Scripture by weaving his own fantasies into the text, along with a heavy dose of pagan mythology, Freemasonry, and other extra-biblical sources. He goes through great contortions to “prove” that Nimrod morphed into the god Apollo—and will return as the Antichrist—even citing hidden codes in the Great Seal of the United States as evidence. Notice Horn’s unorthodox method of interpreting Scripture:
In the New Testament, the identity of the god Apollo, repeat-coded in the Great Seal of the United States as the Masonic “messiah” who returns to rule the earth, is the same spirit—verified by the same name—that will inhabit the political leader of the end-times New World Order. According to a key prophecy in the book of 2 Thessalonians, the Antichrist will be the progeny or incarnation of the ancient spirit, Apollo. Second Thessalonians 2:3 warns: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition [Apoleia, Apollyon, Apollo].” Numerous scholarly and classical works identify “Apollyon” as the god “Apollo”—the Greek deity “of death and pestilence,” and Webster’s Dictionary points out that “Apollyon” was a common variant of “Apollo” until recent history…. Accordingly, the name Apollo turns up in ancient literature with the verb apollymi or apollyo (destroy), and scholars including W. R. F. Browning believe the apostle Paul may have identified the god Apollo as the “spirit of Antichrist” operating behind the persecuting Roman emperor, Domitian, who wanted to be recognized as “Apollo incarnate” in his day. [bold and color added]
Horn not only embellishes the Scripture, but does so by putting false prophecies in the mouth of the Apostle Paul. Paul was NOT “identifying the pagan god Apollo” in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and was NOT recording a “key prophecy” saying that the Antichrist “will be the progeny or incarnation of the ancient spirit, Apollo.” Paul was simply using the Greek work for “perdition” (apoleia), which means “destruction.” The “man of sin” will be the son of “destruction” (perdition). There is no secret code language in operation here. But PPP leaders love to rely on hidden biblical codes, of which they claim to have secret or expert knowledge for interpretation.
For example, S. Douglas Woodward, author of Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead. Quoting Horn, Woodward asserts that the coming Antichrist is not only going to be a resurrected “Apollo [Osiris/Nimrod],” but a “Masonic Messiah” from America! He writes: “…let’s consider Tom Horn’s worthy analysis. To break the code, apparently, we must return to The Great Seal—the “Trestle-Board” for the Great Work…” Horn couples the Great Seal’s date of 1776 with the end date of the Mayan calendar to arrive at the year 2012, the beginning of the Tribulation period. Riding on the doomsday date set by leading New Agers, and cinching Horn’s deductions, Woodward continues describing their occult sources:
Horn’s attempts to strengthen his assertion that the Masonic Messiah debuts during this 2012-2016 period, through an elaborate analysis of the Freemasons’ 1st Degree Tracing Board, (which is different than a trestle board...). Horn contends that the astronomical positions of the sun, moon, and the Pleiades… are as they will be in December 21, 2012. At the Winter Solstice, the sun at its Zenith will be directly in front of the seven (visible) stars of the Pleiades….  [bold added, italics in original]
Of course, none of these predictions for 12-12-12 came about, but that has not stopped PPP leaders from continuing to rely upon pagan astrology and Freemasonry for their sources.
Apoleia = Apollo? Apolia=Apollo?
Fellow PPP advocate, Doug Hamp, agrees with Tom Horn and other PPP leaders who teach these things about a reincarnated Apollo:
End times researcher Tom Horn reaches a similar conclusion [as Hamp, ed.] that the Antichrist/Beast will be the progeny of the demonic realm based on his reading of 2 Thessalonians 2:3. “Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition [apoleia],” (2 Thessalonians 2:3). He notes that Greek word apoleia (perdition) is the same root as Apollyon/Apollo all of which mean “perdition” or “destruction.” Horn states:
Antichrist will be the progeny or incarnation of the ancient spirit, “Apollo.” Numerous scholarly and classical works identify “Apollyon” as the god “Apollo”—the Greek deity “of death and pestilence,” and Webster’s Dictionary points out that “Apollyon” was a common variant of “Apollo” until recent history.
Revelation 17:8 also ties the coming of Antichrist with Apollo, revealing that the ‘Beast’ shall ascend from the bottomless pit and enter him. “The Beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the Bottomless Pit, and go into perdition [Apolia, Apollo....]
Abaddon is another name for Apollo (Rev. 9:11), identified historically as the king of demonic “locusts” (Revelation 9:1-11). This means among other things that Apollo is the end-times angel or “King of the Abyss” that opens the bottomless pit, out of which an army of transgenic locusts erupts upon earth.
Horn’s idea has tremendous merit and would appear to corroborate the evidence that we have examined concerning Genesis 3:15. Thus, if the linguistic connection is correct, then the Holy Spirit inspired Paul to confirm the Genesis 3:15 prophecy, thereby further substantiating that the Antichrist/Beast will be a hybrid or the ultimate Nephilim. [bold and color added]
All of these linguistic gyrations result in the conclusion that the Antichrist will be a hybrid Nephilim. Hamp’s opinion carries weight in PPP circles, because he is a former assistant pastor for Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa, and is a specialist in ancient languages.
In sync with Hamp, and exercising the same flagrant eisegesis done to 2 Thessalonians 2 [perdition/Apoleia = Apollo] in his book Apollyon Rising 2012, Tom Horn also relies Revelation 17:8 (dealing with the Beast that rises from the pit to go to perdition [Apolia=Apollo]) and Revelation 9:11 (that mentions the angel/king of the bottomless pit [Apollyon/Abaddon = Apollo]) in an attempt to further prove that the Bible “prophesies” the return of this mythological entity as the Antichrist (Nimrod/Osiris/Apollo).
Apollo: Son of Zeus
These Apollo mutations require an extensive knowledge of ancient pagan mythology, including the storied lineages of Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. It has been said that the humanistic Greeks “made their gods in their own image.” Likewise, the resurrection of these ancient myths and fables puts the focus on man, not God Almighty. The ancient city of Athens in Greece was filled with temples devoted to their Greek pantheon of gods and goddesses, mythological deities. Notice that the Apostle Paul was utterly grieved by the idolatry he saw in the city of Athens: “Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry” (Acts 17:16). Christians are therefore warned to “flee from idolatry” (1 Cor. 10:14). And pagan myths are a form of idolatry that when added to the Scriptures will corrupt the Truth (e.g., Prov. 25:25; Matt. 7:18; 2 Cor. 2:17; Gal. 5:20; Col. 3:5).
Nevertheless, Tom Horn even goes to far as to insert the ancient Greek god Zeus into the book of Revelation:
In view of this text [Rev. 9:1-11], we recall how Zeus—the Greek identity for the father of Apollo—was acknowledged as Satan in Revelation 2:12-13. The fallen angel, Apollo, who unlocks the bottomless pit and unleashes the thunderous hoards [sic] of Great Tribulation locusts, is therefore none other than the son of Satan and the spirit that will inhabit Antichrist. [bold and color added]
Horn then issues a word of warning for those who deny that the Antichrist will be a reincarnation of the pagan god Apollo/Osiris/Nimrod. His warning is based on the secret coded Masonic prophecy said to be embedded in the Great Seal of the United States:
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if the reader doubts the authority of the Scriptures cited above concerning the coming of Apollo as Antichrist or the dedication of the occult hierarchy to bring the prophecy on the Great Seal about, the “illuminated ones” have you right where they want you. [bold added]
However, be aware that Revelation 22 contains its own serious warnings for anyone who would dare to tamper with its words of endtime prophecy by adding to them or taking away from them:
Mixing “Hellenistic Theology” With Scripture
Rob Skiba, quoted earlier in this article, concurs with Horn and incorporates his own mythological revelations with additional wild surmisings. Based on “Hellenistic Theology,” which is another term for Greek mythology, Skiba makes the case for a resurrection of Apollo. In this excerpt notice how these ancient gods of myth and fable are considered to be real creatures:
In his book Ancient Myths and the Bible, King Wells… makes a solid case for the Apollyon/Apollo/Nimrod connection:
The scriptures tell us that in the Greek, this angel [of Revelation 9:11] goes by the name of Apollyon. Apollyon is the Greek god Apollo. According to Webster's, Apollyon is a common misspelling of Apollo. - Ancient Myths and the Bible, by King Wells (page 34) …
In Hellenistic theology, Apollo is generally depicted as a very benevolent god, representative of poetry, music and the arts. However, he is also known as the sender and stayer of pestilence. As a son of Zeus this would certainly fit - especially if my thesis is true that Zeus is Lucifer - a being who loves to appear as an angel of light and goodness, but in fact is the harbinger of plague, pestilence and death. Considering the fact that the Fifth Trumpet releases the plague of locusts (which is certainly a pestilence), the idea that Apollo (Apollyon) is directly referred to as "the king [that rules] over them" truly fits! King Wells goes on to say:
Thus, Apollo will have the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit and return with a horde of demonic warriors who have been bound in the Abyss for centuries. Rudolf Steiner, the author of "Egyptian Myths and Mysteries," written in 1908, states that the Greeks realized that the Egyptian god Osiris is the same as the Greek god Apollo. Steiner: The Greeks experienced this also, and as they became acquanted [sic] with the Egyptian mysteries they recognized that Osiris was the same as the god whom they called Apollo. They said that the Egyptian Osiris was Apollo, and that, like Osiris, Apollo worked upon the nerves so as to achieve a soul-life within man. - Ancient Myths and the Bible, by King Wells (page 35)
King later comes to the same conclusion that Tom Horn, myself and many others have come to believe:
The Anti-Christ is the return of Apollo/Osiris and probably the return of other prophesied gods, such as Quetzacoatl of the Mayans and Baal of the Canaanites. Both of which are sky gods like Apollo. - Ancient Myths and the Bible, by King Wells (page 37)
The Fifth Trumpet blows, and the spirit of Apollyon (Apollo) ascends back into its former host body - Nimrod. Thus, empowered by the dragon himself, the Anti-Christ will rise. And his first order of business will be to kill the Two Witnesses! And when they [the Two Witnesses] shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. - Revelation 11:7 (KJV) [italicsin original] [underline in original; bold, red added; hyperlinks removed]
Most alarmingly, Skiba above quotes from Rudolf Steiner as if he were a credible source of prophecy information. Rudolf Steiner?! He was the founder and leader of an occult spiritual movement, Anthroposophy, which was closely connected with the Luciferian Theosophists (who gave rise to the modern-day New Age movement). Steiner had his own version of endtime eschatology, and it helped to form the foundation of New Age thought! Steiner’s occult work, Egyptian Myths and Mysteries, cited by Skiba, appears to parallel some of the PPP teachings in its reliance upon mystical mythology for reshaping endtimes. For example, Steiner taught that
Through true imagination, we have the task of renewing human knowledge of the creative forces in nature, as the Egyptians attempted through the Osiris-Isis myth, and the Greeks through the myth of Demeter.  [emphasis added]
Note also that Skiba has connected Nimrod/Apollo/Osiris/Antichrist to another pagan deity, the Mayan god Quetzalcoatl (Kukulkan). Belief in the reality of this false god led PPP adherents like L.A. Marzulli, Richard Grund, and Russ Dizdar to plan a trip (which was abruptly aborted) to the Mayan Pyramids during the Winter Solstice in 2012—to engage in militant spiritual warfare with this pagan deity who was expected to make a dramatic appearance (Quetzalcoatl was a no-show). This was documented in Part 3 of this article series, “Techno-Dimensional Prayer Combat.” as well as a number of earlier Herescope articles on the topic.
All this emphasis on ancient pagan mythology brings to mind the Scripture in Jeremiah 51 warning about the dire effects on those who engage in idolatry:
A 2ND COMING of the Antichrist?
According to these PPP leaders, it is the Antichrist who is coming again. Their focus is not on Jesus’s Second Coming. One seldom hears anything about our risen, resurrected Saviour Jesus Christ. Rather, these fellows have an intensive fascination with the Antichrist, embodied in the mythological deity of Apollo or Osiris, who they claim is really Nimrod, who is going to be “reanimated.” (If you are having difficulty following this convoluted logic, rest assured that you are not alone.)
With Tom Horn’s leadership and assistance, this heresy about Apollo’s return continues to make traction in prophecy circles. Each new writer picks up the theme and transmits it with new twists. Horn has not only published, but has also written the Foreword to Peter Goodgame’s The Second Coming of the Antichrist. In this Foreword, Horn elaborates on the same themes promoted by both authors, including referring to the offensive and racist “serpent seed” doctrine:
MOST PROPHECY EXPERTS today believe the Man of Sin spoken of in Scripture will soon emerge on the world scene as a savior... the source of his profound comprehension and irresistible presence will be the result of an invisible network of thousands of years of collective knowledge stemming from his embodiment of a very old, super-intelligent spirit. As Jesus Christ was the “seed of the woman” (Genesis 3:15), he will be the “seed of the serpent.” And though his arrival in the form of a man was foretold by numerous Scriptures, the broad masses will not immediately recognize him for what he actually is—paganism’s ultimate incarnation: the “beast” of Revelation 13:1. [bold and color added]
This is where the very title of Peter Goodgame’s fascinating new book, The Second Coming of the Antichrist, introduces an intriguing hypothesis—that Satan’s seed was manifest once before in history and is now poised to return again in bodily form. People not familiar with biblical eschatology may find this idea fantastic, that the being who becomes the Antichrist was once alive, then was dead, and returns from the grave to rule the world in the end times… [bold and color added]
This entity—identified in the Greek New Testament as Apollo—was known to the Egyptians as Osiris, the same deity by different names according to numerous scholars, including Plutarch, the ancient Roman historian...  [bold added]
But in identifying the ancient spirit that will be revived in the end-times Antichrist, the rabbit hole goes deeper. Convincing evidence exists farther back in time that the historical figure upon whom these myths were based was the legendary King Enmerkar of Uruk, known in the Bible as Nimrod...  [bold and color added]
According to a key prophecy in the book of 2 Thessalonians, the Antichrist will be the progeny or incarnation of the ancient spirit, Apollo. Second Thessalonians 2:3 warns: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition [Apoleia; Apollo]. [bold and color added]
Horn and Goodgame are not alone in their outlandish speculations about a “second coming” of Nimrod (a.k.a. Antichrist/Apollyon/Apollo). This teaching is so unorthodox that it requires many “prophecy experts” to back up its preposterous claims. The more proponents, the merrier. Name-dropping other PPP leaders gives the illusion of agreement, credibility and scholarship. For example, in his Foreword to Goodgame’s book, Horn cites “well-known researcher” Chuck Missler and “nationally recognized prophecy expert” Gary Stearman—popular Christian authors and PPP adherents who have also suggested that the Antichrist will be a “return of Nimrod”:
Not long ago, well-known researcher and leader of the Koinonia Institute, Dr. Chuck Missler, in an online article raised the appropriate question about this text and the connection between Antichrist and the spirit of Apollo/Nimrod when he asked, “Could it be that this final world dictator will be, in some sense, a return of Nimrod?” [bold and color added]
Nationally recognized prophecy expert Gary Stearman believes this is more than a possibility. Over the years, Stearman has written extensively about Nimrod and the connection this historical figure has with Babylonian Mystery Religion, Watchers, Nephilim, the spirit of the end-times Antichrist, and revival of paganism. He thinks that, in fact, the coming of Antichrist could represent a return of Nimrod… [bold and color added]
Tom Horn also cited Gary Stearman as a fellow “biblical scholar” concerning “a return of Nimrod” in a 2009 NewsWithViews article series called “Read It Before Its Banned By The Government – Part 23”:
Over the years, biblical scholar Gary Stearman has written extensively about Nimrod (Apollo/Osiris/Gilgamesh) and the connection this historical figure has with Babylonian Mystery Religion, Watchers, Nephilim (including their resurrection), and the spirit of the end-times Antichrist and revival of paganism. He too appears to believe the coming of Antichrist represents a return of Nimrod. "But who is this Assyrian," he asked in the July 2001 Prophecy in the News Magazine, "He is none other than the spiritual inheritor of the first great post-Flood religious apostasy. He is the keeper of the great heritage that began at the Assyrian capital, Nineveh. Its founder was Nimrod…. He is the Antichrist, the future despot who comes in the name of the ancient mystery religion."
A year earlier, in June of 2000, Stearman had written in Prophecy in the News concerning Nimrod:
"He was a rebel who allowed himself to be worshipped as a god. After the Flood, his rebellion became the foundation of mankind’s greatest religious apostasy. Down through the generations, this system of false worship became known simply as the "Babylonian Mystery Religion."
Its basis is quite clear. It attempts to channel the power of the ancient gods through the figure of one, powerful man. Nimrod became that god…" [bold and color added]
As we mentioned earlier, the Bible does not say that Nimrod “allowed himself to be worshipped as a god.” This is pure conjecture. Also note: Horn seems to be invoking the New Age practice of “channeling” in his attempt to describe how Nimrod became a god. Once again, an occult practice (or source) is being used to determine endtime prophecy. Yet Horn then reiterates this mythological “prophecy” as though it was biblically credible:
Consequently, if the Antichrist is the resurrection of the demon Apollo/Osiris/Nimrod as prophesied by the apostle Paul, not only will he be the exact opposite of Jesus (Son of God), but the forerunner of the return of the nephilim. In The Second Coming of the Antichrist, Peter Goodgame employs his finely honed skills as a researcher to magnificently interpret the ancient history that evolved around these events as well as eschatological concepts in line with the Hebrew Bible, Greek, and Semitic languages that vividly warn how this offspring of fallen angels and humans may not remain a thing of the past; that in fact a repeat of the activity that gave rise to the ancient despot popularly known as Apollo, Osiris, and Nimrod was prophesied to return in the end of times in the personage of Antichrist. [bold, red added]
Horn accurately recaps Goodgame’s unbiblical end-times scenario in his Foreword. Here we have caught a glimpse into the putrid bowels of this particular PPP false doctrine and book, but there is more…. It gets worse....
Apollo/Osiris: Seed of Satan
Goodgame takes the Apollo/Nimrod myth to new depths in his book The Second Coming of the Antichrist, adding a new twist to the old William Branham “Serpent Seed” heresy which says that Satan has physical, literal “seed” in order to produce physical, literal descendants or offspring. In this case, Goodgame believes that the Antichrist is the actual physical procreation of the devil (again, ancient Nimrod/Apollo) who—as “the original Dying God”—will resurrect at the proper time in order to fulfill prophecy. Note these disturbing excerpts from Goodgame’s book:
“It is well known that the prophecy of the ‘seed of the woman’ was the very first Messianic prophecy in the Bible. God was saying that one day a human being would be born, descended from Eve, who would ‘bruise the head’ of Satan the serpent. However, God was also predicting that the serpent would produce a ‘seed’ who would be an enemy of the ‘seed of the woman.’
“The ‘seed of the woman’ was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, the literal Son of God; whereas the ‘seed of the serpent’ was to be fulfilled by the Antichrist, the literal son of Satan.
“What this means is that the Antichrist has to be a Nephilim, just like the Nephilim described in Genesis 6 who were the offspring of fallen angels who had mated with human women. If Nimrod is indeed the Antichrist, then Satan has to be his genetic father, and therefore he [Nimrod] must be a Nephilim.” [bold and color added, italics in original]
“Nimrod was raised as the son and heir of Cush, but there was something very special about him that caused him to be called a gibbor. I believe his father was in fact Satan, the chief of the fallen angels, and Nimrod himself was a Nephilim, a throwback to the days before the Flood.” [bold added] [SCA, pg. 66]
“… let’s look again at God’s prophecy against the serpent in Genesis 3. God was predicting that one day Satan (identified as the serpent in Revelation 12:9) would take for himself a human wife and produce a seed who would be an enemy of the seed of Eve, the woman whom the serpent has just deceived… after the Garden of Eden and up to the Flood there were many fallen angels who took human women for wives and produced Nephilim. These Nephilim ruled over and ravaged the earth for a long period of time before God finally wiped the slate clean by bringing the Flood. The Book of Enoch describes their violence and even their cannibalism that filled the earth with wickedness. The Flood destroyed the Nephilim and cleaned up the wickedness on the earth…” [bold and color added] [SCA, pp. 66-67]
Note once again that in order to create this endtime prophecy, all sorts of monkey business is done with the first few chapters of Genesis, including the strange claim that Satan took a wife. Goodgame also relies upon the ancient apocryphal Book of Enoch, which proves to be a main source of polluting God’s Word in these chapters. In the words below, note how far from God’s Word these teachings can deviate: Goodgame actually asserts that Lucifer is not Satan!
“Note that Lucifer is not Satan. Lucifer is merely another name for Asshur, the King of Babylon. He is a Nephilim King…” [bold and color added] [SCA, pg. 207]
“The King of Babylon is the evil seed. He is the seed of the serpent whose birth was predicted in Genesis 3:15, who stands opposed to Jesus, the seed of the woman.” [bold and color added, italics in original] [SCA, pg. 213]
“'The Assyrian’ is Asshur the King of Babylon. He is Nimrod, the historical figure who became worshiped as Asshur the Assyrian god.” [bold added, italics in original] [SCA, pg. 214]
Furthermore, Goodgames asserts that the Egyptians are a source of “absolute truth” particularly regarding the mummification of Osiris, who will experience a “resurrection”:
“Yes, this is the absolute truth: according to the Egyptians, Osiris was the world’s very first mummy. For a specific reason, which is clear to us now that we recognize him as the once and future Antichrist king, the Egyptians wanted to make sure that the body of Osiris would remain preserved and intact. Osiris was the original case of mummification after death…. Those closest to Osiris knew that he would one day need to use his body again when he returned to the land of the living…” [bold, color and underlining added, italics in original] [SCA, pp. 272-273]
“One way or another, the legendary origins of Freemasonry all point back to Egypt, to the Great Pyramid, and to Osiris—the Egyptian version of Nimrod the Nephilim King. He is the original Dying God whose death brought about the era of the pagan gods, and whose resurrection will be accompanied by their return.”[SCA, pg. 329] [bold and red added]
These pagan myths not only distort the Scripture out of all proportion, but in doing so, overshadow the first mention of the Gospel in the Bible by downgrading the primacy of Christ (Gen. 3:15). They usurp the unique testimony of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, who defeated Satan at the Cross.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead?!
The flagrant usage of occult source material for constructing an endtime prophecy seems to be unlimited. It only gets worse. Doug Woodward, PPP leader and author of Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead (a book published by Horn) cites The Egyptian Book of the Dead, Manly Hall and Edgar Cayce as though they were credible sources for his endtime prophecy information:
The Egyptian Book of the Dead quotes Osiris (Apollo) saying, “I am Yesterday and I am Today; and I have the power to be born a second time.” Manly P. Hall proclaims, “Osiris will rise in splendor from the dead and rule the world through those sages and philosophers in whom wisdom has become incarnate.” Additionally, [Tom] Horn quotes Hall from The Secret Teachings of the Ages, in which he says, “The Dying God shall rise again! The secret room in the House of the Hidden Places shall be rediscovered. The Pyramid again shall stand as the ideal emblem of solidarity, inspiration, aspiration, resurrection, and regeneration.”
Interestingly, Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet, predicted in the 1930’s that a secret room known as the Hall of Records would be discovered within the Egyptian Sphinx. This room would provide proof of the Antediluvian civilization of Atlantis and provide the history of the world before the Flood of Noah. So far, it remains undiscovered although Egyptian archeologists are slowly probing for it. Given that it ruins the notion the Egyptians built their own pyramids, we can assume the Egyptians may continue to drag their feet. Does the Bible confirm that Osiris (Apollo) shall rise again? The answer appears to be yes. This resurrection is spoken of in Revelation Chapter 17:1-13. It’s part of the passage describing Mystery Babylon. [bold, red added]
Reality check time. What do we know about these sources?
- The Egyptian Book of the Dead is one of the darkest Satanic books in the world. It is filled with black magic, spells, rituals, incantations, reincarnations, etc. No Christian believer should ever entertain any of its subjects. It is a dangerous and demonic book!
- Manly Hall was the author of The Secret Teachings of All Ages, a dark and mysterious compendium of occult and freemasonic lore. He delved into the Kabbalah, Hermeticism, Gnosticism and Rosicrucianism, as well as other ancient occult sources.
- Edgar Cayce was a false prophet and psychic. 100 years ago he was a celebrity because he would go into trances to give readings as well as deliver “unorthodox answers on religious matters such as reincarnation and Akashic records.” He had many reported psychic abilities and is definitely not recommended for Christians.
Nonetheless, Woodword cites these blatant occult sources as credible wells of prophetic information for the endtimes. Not only does Woodward concur with the notion that ‘the god Apollo will rise again’ as Horn and Goodgame teach, but that America is this “Babylon” of Revelation (For further reading, see: “The Rise of Apocalyptic Paganism in the Church”).
Drawing From Other Tainted Wells
There are many other troubling aspects forming the backdrop of Goodgame’s aberrant PPP doctrines and his increasing influence in evangelical circles—namely Latter Rain cult and Dominionists roots. On page 361 of The Second Coming of Antichrist, he acknowledges John and Linda Keough, directors of Healing Rooms Honolulu and regional directors of Healing Rooms Hawaii. On their website, the Keough’s state their ministry’s mission: "Perpetuating the Vision of John G. Lake." Lake was a Latter Rain faith healer in the vein of William Branham and A.A. Allen—he was a forerunner to the modern-day “apostles” of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR).
It should therefore be a concern to readers to learn that Goodgame and his wife, Lori, have their own Healing Rooms chapter in Kaneohe, HI:
Kahuhipa Healing Rooms is a healing ministry based in Kaneohe, Hawaii, that is led by Peter and Lori Goodgame. We are a part of the International Association of Healing Rooms (IAHR) and are connected with Healing Rooms Hawaii led by John and Linda Keough. [bold added]
Based on these disclosures (and others not presented here), it is disturbing that any evangelical would promote Goodgame and his heretical PPP ideas—especially in publishing his unbiblical book propagating the 2nd coming of Nimrod/Apollo—the Nephilim King—the offspring of Satan. (See our article about the Serpent Seed heresy)
Goodgame was a presenter at Future Congress 2 (FC2) in Dallas in January, alongside Gary Stearman, Hal Lindsey, L.A. Marzulli, Rob Skiba, Doug Hamp, Douglas Woodward, Jim Fletcher, Terry James, Bill Salus, Russ Dizdar, et al. FC2 was an event that was publically supported by WND (formerly WorldNetDaily), Rapture Ready Radio, and Olive Tree Ministries (Jan Markell). We fervently pray that these evangelical prophecy leaders would dissociate themselves from these heretical and occult teachings and return to the pure Word of God.
Most of the men cited in this article will be speaking together in July at the 2013 Pike’s Peak Prophecy Summit in Colorado Springs. The list includes: Tom Horn, Chuck Missler, Gary Stearman, Rob Skiba, Doug Hamp, Doug Woodward, L.A. Marzulli, Mark Biltz, Jonathan Cahn, Joseph Farah, Bill Koenig, Paul McGuire, Stan Monteith, Cris Putnam, Bill Salus, Derek & Sharon Gilbert, and many others. With his new book and hearty endorsements from others in this camp, Goodgame appears to be gaining popularity and credibility among them. Perhaps he too will be added to the Pike’s Peak schedule. Stay tuned....
The list of PPP “experts” continues to grow exponentially and the corrupting leaven they’ve sown will surely feed the ravening apostasy. We remain utterly grieved at the extent to which these leaders have brought black satanic and terrifying occult teachings into the evangelical church world.
In his 1992 landmark book, The Gnostic Empire Strikes Back: An Old Heresy for the New Age, Dr. Peter Jones warned the evangelical church about the rise of ancient Gnosticism and idolatry. Twenty years ago it would have seemed incredulous to believe that evangelicals would one day soon actually be teaching about ancient mythological gods as if they were real beings and part of endtime Scripture, but that is indeed what is happening today. Read Dr. Jones's sober admonition:
We stand again on Mars Hill [in Athens, ed.], surrounded by a host of unfamiliar and doubtless unfriendly gods. At some time in the future, perhaps more quickly than we think, true Christianity could well be reduced to a small minority. Christian ministry in the New Age of Aquarius will not be for the fainthearted. The defeat of ancient pagan Gnosticism and its so-called Christian counterpart was only gained by deep spirituality, hard theological work, and often physical martyrdom. But those called by Christ must stand, for they can do no other, even if it does involve similar kinds of personal sacrifice. The orthodox Christian church needs courageous leaders, not clerics of leisure and compromise. Without an extraordinary degree of prophetic commitment and self-sacrifice from a new generation of leaders, the church of Jesus Christ is no doubt headed for a period of significant persecution. If we do not speak out now, speaking out later promises to be very costly! Discerning, decimated leaders are essential for the church in the Age of Aquarius. But not only leaders. At every level, Christians need to understand what is going on and carry that understanding to every corner of life. The world needs strong believers as never before, who will refuse to buy into the spirit of compromise that often unwittingly helps promote the New Age Agenda. [bold added]
At what cost will this false teaching be destructive in the church? How much longer can evangelical leaders continue to be silent in the face of this growing apostasy? Where are the courageous leaders to speak out, even if it costs them their reputation and fortune?
1. It must be noted that Alexander Hislop in his classic work, The Two Babylons: Or the Papal Worship Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife, (Loizeaux Brothers, 1916, 1959), proposed that that the deeds of Nimrod, the man, were turned into ancient mythological stories that were embellished upon with much occult symbology, and later became embedded within Roman Catholicism.
2. Note: We will deal more with the subject of PPP leaders using extra-biblical sources to create biblical doctrine in a future article in this series.
3. Rob Skiba, Babylon Rising, http://babylonrisingblog.com/PDF/Babylonrising.pdf. See also: “Apocalyptic Paganism in the Church: Bible Prophecy in Crisis; Herescope, March 7, 2012; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-rise-of-apocalyptic-paganism-in.html.
4. Thomas R. Horn, Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers, Anomalos Publishing House, Crane, MO, 2007 (Introduction), p. 1 and p. 24. See our previous article, “Doomsday Datesetters 2012” for further explanation on this topic: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/doomsday-datesetters-2012.html
5. Thomas Horn, Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found and the Final Mystery of the Great Seal Revealed, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO, 2009, pg. 193. See also: Donna Anderson, “Why Are There Domes, Obelisks, And Magic Squares In Washington, D.C.”, Raiders News Update (RNU), February 27, 2011; http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/leadstory70.htm. Anderson provides a synopsis to Horn’s Apollyon Rising 2012.
6. See Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation.
7. Ibid. Apollyon Rising, pp. 193-194.
8. We delved into this issue in our article, “Nephilim Eschatology,” http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/nephilim-eschatology.html, and its sequel “The Serpent Seed & the Nephilim,” http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-serpent-seed-nephilim.html
9. Apollyon Rising, pp. 139-140. Note that this Websters Dictionary citation is mentioned time and again by the PPP leaders, but we checked a 1956 college library edition of more than 2500 pages, and could find no reference to this Apollyon-Apollo claim.
10. S. Douglas Woodward, Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead, Defender Publishing Group, Crane, MO, 2010, pp. 226-229.
11. Ibid, pp. 228-229.
12. For fascinating historical documentation on this point, see “New Age Date Setting” on Herescope: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-age-date-setting.html
13. Decoding Doomsday, pp. 231-232.
14. Douglas Hamp, “How the Mark of the Beast Will Rewrite the Human Genome (part two) - Corrupting the Image,” April 18, 2012; http://www.douglashamp.com/how-the-mark-of-the-beast-will-rewrite-the-human-genome-part-two-corrupting-the-image/.
15. See: Hamp’s bio on his website; http://www.douglashamp.com/about-douglas/. We wrote about Hamp in our series dealing with False Nephilim Eschatology. See: Gaylene Goodroad, “Serpent Seed & the Nephilim: Nephilim Eschatology – Part 2”, Herescope, July 21, 2012; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-serpent-seed-nephilim.html.
16. See Edith Hamilton's classic work on mythology: Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes (Mentor Books, 1940, 1942), p. 16.
17. Ibid. Apollyon Rising, pg. 142.
19. Excerpts taken from Rob Skiba’s e-book series: “The Seven Year Tribulation Period”, BABYLON RISING: And The First Shall Be The Last; http://www.babylonrisingblog.com/BR405.html.
20. One need only read the report on Rudolf Steiner posted at Wikipedia to learn of his overwhelming connections to Luciferianism (Theosophy): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
21. Ibid, see subsection” Convergence from conventional Christian thought.” Of course there are many other sources for this information, including the warnings issued by Constance Cumbey about Steiner in her books Hidden Danger of the Rainbow and A Planned Deception.
22. See the Amazon book description for Rudolf Steiner’s Egyptian Myths and Mysteries [paperback] and also read the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Myths-Mysteries-Rudolf-Steiner/dp/0880101989/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370983737&sr=1-1&keywords=Egyptian+Myths+and+Mysteries
23. See: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2013/06/techno-dimensional-prayer-combat.html. Also see: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-age-date-setting.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-new-agers-mayan-prophecies.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/12/12-21-12.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/11/12-12-12.html
24. We discussed the “serpent seed” heresy in our article “The Serpent Seed & the Nephilim,” http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-serpent-seed-nephilim.html
25. Peter D. Goodgame, The Second Coming of the Antichrist, Defense Publishing (a division of Defender Publishing), Crane, MO, 2012 [a Tom Horn Publication], Foreword, written by Thomas R. Horn, pg. ix.
26. Ibid. Goodgame, pp. ix, x.
27. Ibid. Goodgame, pg. x.
28. Ibid. Goodgame, pp. x-xi.
29. Ibid. Goodgame, pg. xi.
30. Ibid. Goodgame, pg. xii; See also: Chuck Missler, “An Alternative View: The Return of Nimrod?”, Koinonia House; http://www.khouse.org/articles/2002/433/.
31. Ibid. Goodgame, pg. xiii.
32. See: Thomas R. Horn, NewsWithViews.com, “Read It Before It’s Banned By The Government – (Part 23) ‘Opening Pandora’s Box?’”, September 15, 2009; http://www.newswithviews.com/Horn/thomas122.htm.
33. Ibid. Goodgame, pp. xvi, xvii.
34. William Branham was a Latter Rain faith healer who taught that Eve had sexual relations with the Serpent (Satan) producing Cain. See: Sandy Simpson’s extensive report on Branham; Deception in the Church (DITC); http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/williambranham1.html; See also: “The Serpent Seed & the Nephilim: Nephilim Eschatology, Pt. 2,” Herescope, July 21, 2012; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-serpent-seed-nephilim.html. Note: teaching that Satan had physical relations with a human woman to produce the Antichrist is not much of a change in this false doctrine, but is in fact a sensational enhancement.
35. Ibid. Goodgame, Foreword, written by Thomas R. Horn, pg. 65.
36. Doug Woodward, Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO, 2010, pg. 262. See this issue discussed in our article “Doomsday Datesetters 2012” http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/doomsday-datesetters-2012.html
37. Some of us in the Discernment Research Group have had prior experiences with these sources, having been born again in Christ from our former occult way of life. We can attest personally to the dark, demonic and Satanic nature of these sources and urge all believers to stay away from them! We grieve to realize that esteemed prophecy teachers are actually introducing these deadly teachings into the church. At what terrible cost?!
38. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egyptian_Book_of_the_Dead
39. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manly_Hall
40. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
41. See: “The Rise of Apocalyptic Paganism in the Church”; Herescope, March 7, 2013; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-rise-of-apocalyptic-paganism-in.html; See also: S. Douglas Woodward, Power Quest Book Two: The Ascendancy of Antichrist in America, Prologue: “America’s Role Eschatology—Rethinking the Standard Scenario,” Faith Happens Publishing, Woodinville, WA, 2012, pp. xvi-xli; 358-375.
42. See: John and Linda Keough, Healing Rooms Hawaii website; http://www.healingroomshawaii.com/.
43. See: Christ Lawson’s website, the Spiritual Research Network (SRN) which hosts an archive of Mike Oppenheimer’s articles dealing with Lake’s numerous false teachings; http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/healingrooms.html.
44. See: Peter and Lori Goodgame’s Kahuhipa Healing Rooms website; http://kahuhipastreetmission.com/KHR/?page_id=52.
45. On his website, Peter Goodgame promotes dominionist David Bercot and his book, The Kingdom that Turned the World Upside Down; See: http://www.redmoonrising.com/radicaltruth.htm. Sarah Leslie documents Bercot’s kingdom dominionist teachings in an article that was published on Pastor Ken Silva’s website, Apprising Ministries; See: http://apprising.org/2011/01/26/what-is-dominionism/. Parroting Bercot’s dominionist theology in his article, “The High Cost of Salvation,” Goodgame writes, "The primary emphasis in the teachings of Jesus was not salvation, but the Kingdom of Heaven. It was not primarily what to believe; it was instructions on how we are to live. Jesus didn’t die just to bring a new “belief system,” but to offer the world a new “life system” that began at Pentecost and will endure forever"; See: Goodgame’s website; http://kahuhipastreetmission.com/KHR/?p=203. Goodgame also concluded his article series called “American Babylon – Rise and Fall, Part 7: New York City and the Apocalypse” with a tribute to “the Prophetic Vision of A.A. Allen,” and his heretical writings; See: http://www.redmoonrising.com/AmericanBabylon/Part7.htm.
46. See: Gaylene Goodroad, “The Serpent Seed & the Nephilim - Nephilim Eschatology, Pt. 2: A Crash Course in the Emerging Endtime Prophecy Heresy,” Herescope, July 21, 2012; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-serpent-seed-nephilim.html.
47. Note: Goodgame’s bio was removed from the Future Congress website, but the author cached the information. Note the former link: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/peter-goodgame/. The first Future Congress event in Branson in 2011 featured Tom Horn, Chuck Missler, Cris Putnam, Gary Stearman, Doug Woodward, Jim Fletcher, Chris Pinto, L.A. Marzulli, Russ Dizdar, Terry James, Rob Skiba, and Noah Hutchings. Note: The original details concerning this conference have been changed, but the DVDs are still pictured; https://futurecongress.com/category/store/dvd/.
48. Note: The Future Congress 2 schedule was removed from the FC2 website, but the author cached the information. The former link was http://futurecongress.com/schedule-2/.
49. “Return of father of modern prophecy movement,” a WND promotion article of FC2 published Dec. 1, 2012; See: http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/return-of-father-of-modern-prophecy-movement/.
50. See: Rapture Ready Radio events page promoting FC2 (RRR hosted live broadcasts from Dallas Jan. 4-6, 2013); See: http://www.rapturereadyradio.com/events.html.
51. Jan Markell, author and radio host of Olive Tree Ministries, listed FC2 link as “a recommended conference” at the bottom of her Dec. 17, 2012 E-alert newsletter (received by the author).
52. In the introduction to the last article in our “Cosms, Codes, and Cryptologies” series on the rise of Quantum Mysticism in these prophecy leaders, we wrote the following admonition, which is still pertinent: STOP! before you rush to condemn someone for showing up on the exhaustive lists on this post! Do not employ the faulty and unethical technique of “guilt by association.” Please do not rush to judge! We urge you to kindly ask people to read this series, and discuss it with them, in the gentle spirit of Paul in Acts 20:31: ‘Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.’ We plead with you folks reading this – many of whom have been unawares before – now that you know more of the story, please jump off this Quantum Mysticism bandwagon and get back to the Bible.Our ardent prayers are that you will seriously consider these admonitions and warnings. http://herescope.blogspot.com/2012/06/quantum-mysticism-goes-to-market.html
53. See: the Prophecy in the News (PITN) website; http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/the-pikes-peak-prophecy-summit/.
54. See footnote 52 remarks.
55. Dr. Peter Jones, The Gnostic Empire Strikes Back: An Old Heresy for the New Age (P&R Publishing, 1992), pp. 95-96.
Graphic image at top of page is from: http://www.sodahead.com/fun/who-is-your-favorite-greek-god/question-3621959/?link=ibaf&q=&imgurl=http://caravanofdreams.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/apollo.jpg
Apollo image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo.
Mummy image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummy